Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Known Medical Conditions That Cigar Smoking Brings


I am sure many of you are aware of the harmful side-effects that cigar smoking brings towards our health. I think it is only fair to discuss it here as some people might not know it yet(especially those new to smoking). I mean, I started smoking just because I was influenced by my friends without really knowing what it does to my health. If I did know it earlier before, I might have prevented myself from being addicted to it. I'm sharing this just to open the eyes of those who might have no idea about the medical conditions that cigar smoking brings.

Anyways, here are the known medical conditions that cigar smoking brings:


Throat, Heart

  • Atherosclerosis
  • Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (restricted breathing)
  • Lung cancer
  • Pneumonia
  • Atherosclerotic heart disease
  • Myocardial infraction

Digestive Systems

  • Peptic ulcer disease
  • Stomach cancer
  • Pancreatic cancer
  • Aortic aneurysm
  • Renal cancer
  • Colon cancer
  • Crohn’s disease
  • Psoriasis
  • Bladder cancer
Brain, Eyes and Mouth

  • Addiction
  • Stroke
  • Alzheimers
  • Cataracts
  • Throat Cancer
  • Periodontitis

Reproductive System

  • Infertility
  • Low birth weight
  • Miscarriage
  • Cervical cancer

Other areas

  • Myeloid leukemia
  • Osteoporosis
Hope it helps... Anything I missed, please feel free to add through the comments section. 


No comments:

Post a Comment